The process of taking prototype assemblies to volume manufacture without any tooling!
Carbon helps our clients reinvent their products from design to production without any tooling or set-up cost. Whether you’re a startup or an industry leader, Carbon gives you the resources you need to build from one to one thousand parts or assemblies with total design flexibility within the manufacture process.
Despite industry advances, traditional approaches to additive manufacturing force trade-offs between surface finish and mechanical properties. In contrast, Digital Light Synthesis™ technology, enabled by Carbon’s proprietary CLIP™ process, is a breakthrough technology that uses digital light projection, oxygen permeable optics, and programmable liquid resins to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties, resolution and surface finish.
Traditional 3D printed parts have inconsistency in their mechanical properties dependant on the direction the parts were printed due to the layer-by-layer approach. Parts printed with Digital Light Synthesis™ are much more like injection-moulded parts. Digital Light Synthesis™ produces consistent and predictable mechanical properties. This is achieved via Carbon's unique embedded heat-activated programmable chemistry in its materials. This chemistry results in high-resolution parts with engineering-grade mechanical properties.
At Complete Fabrication are early adopters of this ground breaking technology, being the second company to partner with Carbon in the UK. We have undergone a high level of training and are able to offer information and advice on how this technology may help you, your team and the projects you are looking to undertake. So please pick up the phone to arrange a meeting or drop us an email.
Some of Carbon’s further key features:
- Parts in your hands in less than 5 days which are truly like injection moulded parts at a lower cost point than a moulding process.
- Carbon RPU130 - 50% elongation to break, compared to 22% from PA11 SLS. And unlike SLS, a 100% dense material.
- Parts can be printed that could never be moulded thus reducing the part count in assemblies.
- From Prototype to Production. Cost effective parts from a single part to thousands without any tooling or set up cost allowing continued development of design iteration throughout the life of the product.
- Medical Grade material, biocompatible, sterilisable material in white. (USP-VI and ISO 10993-5 and -10)
- Silicone materials which have TPE characteristics and biocompatibility. Now printed part with fantastic strength and impressive return values!
- Materials with a heat deflection range of 104°C - 231°C.
|CE221||High Temp and Stiff (231°). Glass Filled Nylon Like||Orange Transluscent||CE 221|
|EPX82||Functional and Tough and stiff - Industrial (104 - 120°) - Tested Chemical Resistance||Black||EPX 82 EPX Chemical compatibility|
|MPU100||Biocompatible and Sterylisabel and Good Mechanical Strength. Chemical Resistance||White||MPU 100 MPU 100 Biocompatibility|
|PR225_TDS||RP Material (Acrylic?)||White||PR 25|
|RPU70||Tough with moderate Heat Resistance (70°). ABS Like (Ul 96 HB Flame Resistance)||Black||RPU 70 RPU 70 Biocompatibility|
|UMA90||Easy to use single cure- proto and jigs. Similar to conventional SLA (Acrylic?)||Purple or white||UMA 90 UMA Biocompatibility|
|EPU40_TDS||68 Shore A - High elasticity and Tear Strength - PU||Black||EPU 40 EPU 40 Biocompatibility|
|SIL30_TDS||35 Shore A - Biocompatible - Silicone Material||Grey||SIL 30 SIL 30 Biocompatibility|